According to Apartment List, rent growth in Houston currently stands at -3.4%, compared to -0.3% last year. Median rents in Houston currently stand at $906 for a 1-bedroom apartment and $1,078 for a two-bedroom. The national rent index is down 1.4% year-over-year.
League City has the most expensive rent rates, with a two-bedroom median of $1,670. The city has seen rent growth of 4.3% over the past year, the fastest in the metro. Baytown has the least expensive rents in the Houston metro, with a two-bedroom median of $1,032.
- Biden to announce new COVID-19 strategies as omicron is found in US
- Biden to announce insurance reimbursements for at-home COVID-19 tests
- Appeals court reinstates Texas mask mandate ban in schools
- METRO transit lane project begins in downtown Houston
- #ICYMI: Man found shot on North Freeway, fight leads to shooting, plant ablaze in west Houston