A federal judge has temporarily blocked the near-total ban on abortion in Texas. This ruling comes in a case brought by the Biden administration. District judge Robert Pitman’s ruling prevents Texas from enforcing the republican-backed law while litigation over the law continues. The law bans anyone from obtaining an abortion after the detection of a fetal heartbeat. People who help facilitate the abortion can be sued for $10,000. The state of Texas filed an appeal to the ruling.
Houston police say Alexis Sharkey’s husband killed himself Tuesday night. It happened at a family member’s home in fort Myers, Florida. Officers were there to arrest him for his wife’s murder in November 2020. She was a well-known personality on social media and was found dead in west Houston.
Right now, police are searching for the suspects, accused of opening fire in a road rage shooting, causing a crash. Deputies telling us people in a white pickup shot at the man in the car, who then crashed into a third car. Two children were injured, but weren’t hit by gunfire. The adult in the car was shot in the chest and arm but is expected to survive.
For more news and weather from ABC13 join us for Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.