Families will receive an entire holiday meal — which includes a turkey, dressing and all the fixings. Last year, 994 families received holiday meals from NAM, but that number has nearly doubled this year. Food donations are being accepted at NAM’s food pantry, the Joanne Watford Nutrition Center, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
This year, NAM’s goal is to collect 16,000 toys to make sure more than 5,000 children have a joyous holiday season. Toy donations can be dropped off at 15555 Kuykendahl Rd. between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. or The Harrell Family Opportunity Center located behind NAM’s main building between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Vaccine ‘passports’ may open society, but not for everyone
- President Biden and First Lady in Houston
- Closures near 69/59 & 610 areas
- Texas lawmakers grill energy providers, state regulators over deadly winter storm failures
- US carries out airstrikes against Iranian-backed militia facilities in Syria