HOUSTON (CW39) — A local tradition is changing this year. Uptown Houston is unable to host the traditional Uptown Holiday Lighting event due to COVID-19 concerns. However, Uptown will kick off the holiday season with a memory-filled virtual countdown video — which will be posted to its’ Facebook, Instagram and YouTube page on Thursday, Nov. 26.
Uptown Houston needs your help to make this countdown video a successful cheer. Uptown is inviting you to share your holiday memories for a chance to be featured in their video. The deadline for submissions is Sunday, Nov. 4. You can submit your photos and video here.
Over 300, 20-foot-tall holiday trees will line Post Oak Boulevard from the West Loop to Richmond Avenue, as a way for you and your family to get into the holiday spirit. The artisan-fabricated holiday trees are an amazing integration of lighting technology that create a stunning multi-colored light show with 16,777,216 color possibilities across 2 miles of Post Oak Boulevard.
- San Francisco bans tobacco smoking inside apartments, but pot smoking OK
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- WATCH: Fireball lights up sky; New York residents report sightings
- ‘It’s time to hunker down’: Los Angeles residents told to stay home amid COVID-19 surge
- Son shares heartbreaking account of mother’s suffering, last words as she battled COVID-19