Safety First: Washington man gets hurt putting up elaborate Christmas display

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ABERDEEN, Washington - If you plan on putting up an elaborate Christmas display, then it's important to remember safety. That's something one Washington man learned the hard way.

Mark Zembruski puts on an amazing light show at his home every year. It takes him nearly two months to complete it, but he loves doing it. So much so, he's been doing it for the past 10 years. Mark says he loves seeing people's reactions.

"That's really what it's all about. It's about being a part of somebody else's tradition, being a part of somebody else's Christmas memories," Mark said.

But for Mark, it was almost like a scene out of the movie "Christmas Vacation." While climbing down from the roof, Mark's foot missed the ladder and he fell. He fractured his wrist and had to spend four days in the hospital.

Mark says the accident happened because he was sleepy and wasn't paying attention. So now instead of spreading Christmas cheer, Mark's also spreading some advice. He wants to remind people to be more mindful when putting up Christmas decorations and to always keep safety in mind.

It's like that good old saying, safety first!

Tracking Cold Fronts



Don't Miss