According to police, the victim, Treveon Buckner, stopped at a gas station in the 6000 block of the Southwest Freeway service road and met with several friends. Buckner left his vehicle, a 2012 Buick Regal, running near the gas pumps and walked away. The suspect got into the driver’s seat of Buckner’s vehicle and sped out of the parking lot.
Buckner gave chase on foot and managed to catch up to his vehicle and jumped into the front passenger seat.
The vehicle was later located in the 9000 block of Renwick Drive. When witnesses approached the vehicle, they found Buckner dead from multiple gunshot wounds.
The suspect is described as a thin black male, wearing a red “Hollister” hoodie and blue jeans.
- Live: DOJ to announce Minneapolis police probe following Chauvin verdict
- WATCH: Pelosi thanks George Floyd for ‘sacrificing’ his life for justice
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Robbery suspect tells security guard, “I will cut you if you try to stop me”
- Biden to deliver remarks as US is set to hit latest COVID-19 vaccine milestone
- NASA, SpaceX reschedule Thursday’s launch for Friday at 5:49 a.m. EDT