HOUSTON (CW39) – Gas prices are dropping across the state, according to AAA’s Texas Weekend Gas Watch. The state’s current gas price average is $1.84 for a gallon of regular unleaded fuel. That price is three cents less than it was one week ago and 41 cents less per gallon compared to this time last year. One of the major cities surveyed was Odessa, where drivers are paying the most on average at $2.04.
According to data from gaspricies.aaa.com, Texas drivers have been paying below $2 a gallon for regular unleaded on average for 230 days, making it the longest time since the statewide hit that amount in 2005. Nationwide, Texans are paying some the cheapest prices at the pump, ranking 4th lowest in the country. If you’re looking for the lowest gas prices in your area download the free AAA App for iPhone, iPad and Android or learn more at this link.
- NFL 2021 schedule: Texans kick off first 17-game season against Jacksonville
- GOP votes Rep. Liz Cheney out of leadership role; Rep. Elise Stefanik runs for open position
- GOP leaders won’t budge on infrastructure deal following Biden meeting
- Sip Your Way Through Spring
- ‘Do not fill plastic bags with gasoline,’ safety commission warns drivers amid fuel shortage