DOBBIN, TX – Last June, the lives of some Montgomery County families were changes forever. Jennifer Mock and her sister-in-law Lena Mock Knight were at Lena’s house when tragedy unfolded. A sudden gas explosion, and the entire home was engulfed in flames. The two ladies, along with Jennifer’s 8-month-old grandson were inside when the blast happened. All three suffered serous burn injuries and were taken to a nearby hospital. In the end, Jennifer and Lena didn’t make it. However, the 8-month-old boy survived but will have to undergo intensive medical treatment.
While there’s still much heartache, the family is now seeking justice. They’ve filed a lawsuit against the gas company, Triangle B Corp. The family’s attorney says Lena had inherited the house from her mother and she wanted to get the home up and running again. So she had a Triangle B worker come out and connect the gas one day before the accident.
The worker filled the outside propane tank and tested it with the gas stove inside, but they say he missed some key signs of a problem.
The gas company hasn’t commented on the case.
Though no lawsuit or amount of money will bring their loved ones back, hopefully the family gets an outcome that can help bring some sort of closure for them.