Check out all the details of the event:
WHAT: Wraparound resource specialists in the Northside High School feeder pattern, with the support of staff, local business owners, and volunteers, plan to distribute 250 turkey dinners with all the trimmings to pre-selected families in need during a drive-thru distribution in the school parking lot on Friday.
The “Gobble `till You Wobble” event serves families in the feeder pattern community and includes frontline workers and those who have lost loved ones, jobs, or experienced other forms of adversity due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each packaged meal will include turkey, dressing, gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes, rolls, and cranberry sauce for six. Recipients have been identified in advance and are pre-registered.
Safe practices such as physical distancing and the wearing of masks will be observed.
WHO: Northside High School wraparound resource specialists, volunteers, families, students, community partners
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 20, 2020 > 1-4 p.m.
WHERE: Northside High School
1101 Quitman St., 77009
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- Advocates call on Gov. Abbott for bigger rent relief package
- Texas plays a role in trials for the 3 COVID-19 vaccines showing promise so far
- Texas communities grapple with COVID-19 ordinances over mask wearing