HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) Just four days ago, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers released its final study of a nearly $29 billion proposal for the Texas Coastal Spine – or Ike Dike. It’s meant to protect the Texas Gulf Coast from hurricanes and storm surge, like what we’re seeing from Tropical Storm Nicholas.
The US ARMY Corps of Engineers just completed its final proposal of the Texas coastal study. Often nicknamed the ‘Ike Dike,’ after hurricane Ike devastated our coast in 2008.
It’s meant to fight flooding, with a combination of “Gray” infrastructure, including seawalls, levees and pumps. Also, “Green” infrastructure, which includes restoring ecosystems along our coast to build natural resilience.
It would take 20 years to complete, and there’s a $29B dollar price tag on it. However, the ARMY Corps of Engineers says it would be worth it.
Maggie Glynn reports…
- Help for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits: Congress says more needs to be doneCongress is taking another step toward helping veterans exposed to toxic burn pits.
- Biden gets booster, urges unvaxxed to get dosed“I am over 65,” President Joe Biden said, laughing, as he publicly received his COVID-19 booster shot Monday morning.
- R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial after decades of sexual misconduct allegationsNEW YORK — A jury found R. Kelly guilty on all counts in his sex trafficking trial Monday after decades of allegations about sexual misconduct with minors. A jury of seven men and five women convicted Kelly of racketeering and other charges on their second day of deliberations. The charges were based on an argument […]
- Post Oak and Forbes-Five Star Hotel hosts job fair TuesdayHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) ) – The Post Oak Hotel and Forbes Five-Star Hotel are partnering to host a hiring fair on Tuesday, September 28th. The job fair will be open from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. There will be a variety of employment opportunities. Some of the positions include: Director of Restaurants Food and Beverage Engineering Managers Engineers […]
- Houston Rockets Deliver Relief Items to Hurricane Ida VictimsHOUSTON (KIAH) The Houston Rockets teamed up with Kroger and Tilman J. Fertitta`s Golden Nugget Lake Charles Hotel & Casino teamed-up to deliver relief supplies to Houma, Louisiana in the wake of Hurricane Ida. Houma is one of the Bayou towns hardest hit by Ida in late August. The Rockets left Houston picked up more […]