GALVESTON (CW39) Starting Thursday the Galveston County Health District will offer COVID-19 vaccines for individuals 65 or older, but its by appointment only.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day
- The Terminator is coming: Packers prepare for Aaron Donald
This week the Health District received an additional 400 vaccine doses. Due to limited supply, they are opening appointments to those who are 65 years of age and older as they are one of the most vulnerable populations at an increased risk to develop severe illness from COVID-19.
The Health District’s COVID-19 phone bank will open at 9 a.m. Wednesday (Jan. 6). Please call 409-547-4015 to make an appointment.
The Health District says more vaccine shipments are expected in coming weeks. They plan to expand who is eligible to receive the vaccine as more doses are made available.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines and required forms, visit www.gchd.org/covidvaccine