HOUSTON (KIAH) – After much anticipation, Lovett Commercial, the developer behind POST Houston, the mixed-use adaptive reuse project that has transformed the site of the historic Barbara Jordan Post Office into a commercial and cultural destination, finally opened its doors to the public on Saturday November 13th with a grand opening celebration open to the public.
POST Houston features the city’s most diverse international food and market hall with over 30 vendors, 713 Music Hall from Live Nation, Skylawn one of the country’s largest rooftop park and farms, co-working and office space, retailers and art installations.
Grand Opening Ceremony Speakers included property owner Frank Liu (CEO, Lovett Commercial) & Cindy Liu, and their son Kirby Liu (Project Manager, Lovett Commercial). Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner was also in attendance. Andy Icken (Chief Development Officer, City of Houston), Bob Eury, David Mincberg, and Jason Long (Partner, OMA) also shared details on the giant project.
Here’s a look:
POST Houston opens this futuristic adaptive reuse development with a festival that is free to the public that combines headlining musicians with world class food and curated art exhibits.
Exotic luxury vehicles were on display and leaders from Houston’s entrepreneurial community rounded out a full day of programming.
Opening events included:
- Rooftop yoga with Black Swan Yoga on Skylawn with panoramic views of the city’s skyline
- Live music starting at noon with headliners including Fat Tony, Com Truise, Matthias Meyer, Matthew Dear and Danny Tenaglia
- Art installations featuring works by Drew Bacon, Charles Lim Yi Yong and Pam Francis
- Day and night markets with over 70 vendors
- A luxury and exotic auto show with Aston Martin
- A business expo in partnership with Houston Young Professionals sponsored by Aston Martin
- College football screening with a tailgating event hosted by Michelob ULTRA
- A nighttime screening of Grey Gardens on Skylawn overlooking the city skyline in partnership with Houston Cinema Arts
- A late-night Cirque Noir party
For more information visit: www.posthtx.com/grand-opening
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Texas Women’s University students win NASA competitionHOUSTON (KIAH) – Five soon-to-be Texas Woman’s University graduates have a lot to be grateful for after a semester’s worth of work led to a creation that could one day play a crucial role in space exploration. They were the underdogs heading into the NASA-sponsored competition, but that didn’t hold them back. Here’s Allie Spillyards with that report…
- Rain chances for Houston and your 7-Day forecast for Nov. 30HOUSTON (KIAH) – CW39 chief meteorologist Adam Krueger has your 7-day forecast with details on when we can expect rain. Monday is when chances look to be the highest.
- #ICYMI: Lyft driver shot in robbery, man accused of shooting wife faces judge, man caught in crossfire hurtHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Lyft driver shot in attempted robbery A Lyft driver was shot by his passenger in a robbery in North Harris County. Deputies say the passenger jumped in the front seat and demanded money. The driver was shot in the […]
- Houston Weather | Dense fog advisories Tuesday morning Nov. 30HOUSTON (KIAH) – There are many dense fog advisories for our local and coastal areas till 9a.m.. Today’s fog is more dense than yesterday morning so look out on the roadways. WEATHER ALERTS –> Whether you go north, south, east or west, that’s where you’ll find some of the denser fog. It does exclude places like Galveston and […]
- Houston weather: tracking late-week rain and the next cold frontIsolated to scattered rain returns Friday and lasts into the weekend.