HOUSTON (CW39) With just two weeks left until the election, former Republican National Committee Chair Michael Steele has announced he’s voting for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.
Steele endorsed Biden Tuesday morning saying Biden “will pursue options that work towards healing the divide exacerbated by Trump and his administration.”
Steele served as lieutenant governor of Maryland from 2003 to 2007 and was the first African American to serve as chairman of the RNC.
He now works with the Lincoln Project, a group opposing President Trump’s reelection.
Do endorsements matter? Does an endorsement sway you one way or another about who you will vote for? Have you switched parties due to the current political state?
- Biden transition team ‘encouraged by progress’
- Wreaths Across America back on after threat of cancelation
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- First at-home coronavirus test: What you need to know
- Watch All 12 Playbook: Iowa State hopes to maintain top Big 12 spot as Texas seeks win to keep title hopes alive