The Houston Health Department COVID-19 vaccine gift card incentive program reaches capacity with a boost in vaccination rate. As of October 3, 76.8 percent of eligible Houstonians have their first dose and 65.3 percent are fully vaccinated.
The incentive program provided $100 gift cards for first doses and $50 more for second doses at eligible sites. The 20,000 people who received their first dose gift card will receive an additional $50 card with their second dose administered at an eligible health department site if their series is completed within 42 days.
Getting vaccinated is free and does not require proof of residency, citizenship, or insurance.
Locations are available at HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 or by calling 832-393-4220.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- PHOTOS | Severe weather damage from north Harris County tornado Wednesday morningHOUSTON (KIAH) – Severe weather rolled through the local area Wednesday morning. CW39 was on scene where damage from wild winds moved through parts of north Harris County. SEVERE WEATHER COVERAGE | CW39 NO WAIT WEATHER + TRAFFIC Here are a few pictures of damage caused by a tornado that came through Airway Drive, Montgomery Road, and […]
- Astros giving back to Houston Area Women’s Center during Fall ClassicAstros to give a $25,000 grant that will go to Houston Area Women’s Center enrichment project.
- ‘Rust’ movie-set shooting: Authorities present findingsThe sequence of events has baffled Hollywood professionals and prompted calls to better regulate firearms of sets or even ban them in the age of seamless computer-generated imagery.
- Another shot? CDC says some people may need 4th COVID vaccine doseAs some people receive a third COVID vaccine dose, or booster shot, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now talking about a fourth dose.
- Newsfeed Now: FDA panel backs Pfizer’s low-dose COVID-19 vaccine for kids; Man shaves beard for toddler’s cancer treatmentWeekdays at 10:30 a.m. CST/11:30 a.m. EST, Newsfeed Now will be streaming the top stories in the U.S. utilizing our newsrooms across the country. If you miss the live report, you’ll be able to see a replay minutes after the stream ends.