HOUSTON (KIAH) — The statewide gas price in Texas is the cheapest in the County. Right now, the average in Texas is $2.87 for a gallon of regular unleaded fuel, according to the AAA Texas Weekend Gas Watch.
The price is five cents higher than this day last week and is $1.01 more than per gallon compared to last year. In Houston, drivers are paying $2.83 a gallon. Drivers in El Paso are paying the most on average at $3.17 per gallon, while drivers in Sherman are paying the least at $2.79 per gallon.
“Crude oil prices have been driving up the price for gasoline recently as demand for fuel products has remained strong,” said AAA Texas spokesperson Joshua Zuber. “However, there may be some relief on the horizon as U.S. crude stocks increased last week.”
The national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is $3.24, which is five cents more when compared to this day last week and $1.06 more than the price per gallon at this same time last year.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.