CW39’s Shannon LaNier shares more. The CDC is urging Americans not to travel for the holidays. This year warning that travel increases your chances of getting and spreading COVID-19. So staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from the coronavirus.
AAA just released a new study with the numbers of people that are still expected to travel this year. AAA expects the vast majority of and a great deal of Texans to stay home this holiday season. So while AAA expects at least 34 million fewer travelers compared to last year’s holiday season, as many as 85 million Americans – 7 million of them from Texas, may still travel between December 23rd through January 3rd. That’s a decline of at least 29%. The vast majority of which, will be traveling by automobile if they do make that personal choice to travel.
Now for those people that are traveling, there any recommendations on what they should be doing to stay safe. If you make the personal decision to travel, the CDC recommends taking a COVID-19 test 1-3 days before travel and another 3 to 5 days after your trip. Plus, reducing non-essential activities for 7 days after travel.
- Bills among the NFL’s 4 defenses peaking in the postseason
- Maggie’s Must Haves: New Year, New You
- Big Game Bound Week 20: AFC, NFC championship previews
- Adopt don’t Shop: Houston Humane Society reduces adoption fees
- Newsfeed Now: Pres. Biden’s first full day in office, first White House rescue dog could increase pet adoptions