That’s where police were chasing a black van.
After exiting, it finally crashed along the frontage road right off of of I-10 the Katy freeway near Barker Cypress & Park 10 going towards Highway 6.
- DPS: Pharr trucker was hauling 45 pounds of cocaine
- Gaylord Perry, master of the spitball and two-time Cy Young winner, dies at 84
- Parents told to cut recalled children’s toy in half, throw it away
- JonBenét Ramsey’s father writes to Colorado governor, asks for release of DNA to private lab
- Garth Brooks extends Las Vegas concert dates due to ‘extraordinary’ demand
An investigation is underway so avoid this area. You do have access to the frontage road.
The suspects inside the car got out and ran across the freeway where one suspect was struck by an oncoming vehicle.
That investigation scene is blocking all of the outbound main lanes of 290. So both directions are moving pretty slow due to rubbernecking inbound. However, you have access to one lane getting by that accident this morning.
If you’re trying to get towards 99, avoid I-10 the Katy freeway and take 290 instead but beware of the slow after Hwy 6 inbound.
This accident has all of those main lanes completely blocked. You can take the frontage road on the other side.
The van involved is on the inbound side the where all the main lanes are closed are outbound but it’s going to be moving very slow. If you’re traveling here, try to hold off on that commute until the area has cleared.