HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) The afternoon highs for Tuesday prevail on the hot side, reaching the lower 90s along the coast and ranging in the mid to upper 90s inland. The heat index is expecting to make an incline during the morning hours into the 97-104 degree range, peaking during the afternoon in the 100-105 degree range.
The typical summer pattern of coastal showers in the morning, sea breeze showers and thunderstorms pushing inland in the afternoon but dissipating around sunset will continue for Tuesday.
Overnight temperatures may once again spring above normal, getting close to record high minimum temperatures locally near 81-82 degrees.
- What are fidget toys, ‘pop its’ and dough balls? Why are they so popular during the pandemic?
- Aretha Franklin’s ‘Respect’ named Greatest Song of All Time by Rolling Stone
- TikTok removing ‘devious licks’ videos from platform amid complaints from schools
- Religious exemptions becoming common loophole against COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine’s effectiveness wanes over time, company says