Traffic was tough for commuters making their way both in and outbound after 6am Friday morning. If you know these highways, you know that if an accident happened along I-45 during morning drive, slows remain most of the morning for those areas.
I-45 Outbound Cement Truck Accident
At 6am, a cement truck closed all inbound main lanes at Griggs causing back up to Cullen.
CW39’s Shannon LaNier was on scene all morning, providing updates on the overturned cement truck, wheels up across the highway.
I-45 Gulf Freeway Inbound 2 vehicle accident
At 7:00am, another accident shut down a left and center lane for about 30 minutes as commuters headed inbound. Two vehicles were involved. Delays backed up down to Almeda Genoa.
I-45 North Frwy Near Tidwell
Another accident near Tidwell slowed commuters coming into town. That one happened around 7:30am and cleared soon after. But the damage was done, with slows from the North Belt down to inside the Loop.
As for the Gulf Freeway, cement is strewn across the highway and TxDot says it could take several hours to clean up. Here are a few photos they’ve posted, of the scene this morning.
At least we’re in for fantastic weather all weekend long!
- Houston Texans player tests positive for COVID-19
- Boys and Girls Club & Salvation Army hosts fall festival
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Houston Downtown District announces fall and winter schedule