Violent weekend across Houston
At least five people were shot and injured in acres homes in northwest Houston. Houston police say they were called to a park on Carver street around 7 Sunday night but couldn’t find any victims. They later received reports from hospitals that five people including a juvenile had been admitted with gunshot wounds. A sixth person had a leg injury. Police also say shortly after this. A woman at a home about a mile away was shot. Police are investigating to see if that shooting is related.
Fallen deputy constable Kareem Atkins
A procession escorted the body of fallen deputy constable Kareem Atkins from the medical examiner’s office to a funeral home in Tomball Sunday afternoon. Atkins was shot and killed early Saturday morning while off-duty working an extra job at a nightclub in north Houston. Two other deputies were wounded and are recovering at the Texas medical center. The gunman is still on the loose.
Search for 27-year-old Oscar Gaytan Torres
Police need your help finding a man accused of murdering his ex’s new boyfriend. 27 year old Oscar Gaytan Torres is wanted for shooting and killing Gredy Aguilera in front of a home on Deergrove in north Harris county. The victim’s girlfriend told sheriff’s deputies Torres was her ex-boyfriend. He allegedly confronted Aguilera this morning and shot him several times before driving off in a black Mercedes with paper plates.
Join us for more news and weather from ABC13 tonight on Eyewitness News at 9 right here on the CW.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]