HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) Traveling around League City or Kemah during the week of 9/13-9/17 you need to be aware of a full road closure on FM 518 just west of SH-146. This closure was initially scheduled to begin on 9/8.
This closure is for post-tension work on a cap for the Express Bridge. If you’re traveling on SH-146 your alternate is to travel southbound until you reach HWY 96, then travel westbound until FM 270. Travel north from there until you meet back up with FM 518.
For drivers trying to avoid FM 518 here is your alternate, turn south on Kemah Avenue, then east on Bel Road. (Kemah Avenue also known as Evergreen Memorial Parkway. Bel Road also known as Ralph Gordy Avenue).
Remember to tune in to NO WAIT WEATHER + TRAFFIC each weekday from 6- 9:30 AM for the latest construction news.
- Help for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits: Congress says more needs to be done
- Biden gets booster, urges unvaxxed to get dosed
- R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial after decades of sexual misconduct allegations
- Post Oak and Forbes-Five Star Hotel hosts job fair Tuesday
- Houston Rockets Deliver Relief Items to Hurricane Ida Victims