8/3/2020 – UPDATE – New photos after the fire was under control and mostly tapped out. Photos by CW39.
7/31/2020 – A shelter in place is lifted for the area surrounding the 3-alarm fire destroyed the Salon and Spa Wholesale on Westpark.
It was after 10:30am this morning when the business caught fire. Flames burned for hours and oily blue fluid from the chemicals mixed with pumper water drained into area sewer systems.
The owner and his daughter and one employee were seen exiting the Salon and Spa Wholesale at 7830 Westpark is near Hillcroft. Upon exiting the building, the owner said to our cameras “there was a spark.” That being the possible cause of the massive 3-alarm blaze.
A worker employed by the business for four years said that the business makes hand sanitizer and other products. Inside the 35,000 square foot building, 400,000 gallons of alcohol used to make hand sanitizer and other hair and salon products.
At one point, the fire spread throughout the side rear of the building where spilled chemicals caused a Fire Truck 28 to be destroyed.
Water in the area was turned off for a few hours. It took more than an hour for units to get the fire contained. Hot spots continued to burned until after 6pm.
Officials on scene said sodium hydroxide was also inside the building.
Units remained on scene until after 5pm to monitor small firey hotspots.
- LIVE: Gov. Abbott warns of ‘COVID-fatigue’ in meeting with West Texas health officials
- VIDEO: Louisiana woman says ‘God was definitely with us’ during lightning strike
- Trump opposes postal money that would help vote-by-mail
- AMC reopening with 15-cent movie tickets
- Newsfeed Now: A Texas teacher goes viral; 9-year-old boy wants a family to call his own