HOUSTON (KIAH) – A partnership between Legacy Community Health, Houston BCycle, the American Heart Association, Bosch, and Harris County Precinct 1 are launching a new program that will give more people BCycle memberships, allowing people to access the popular bike share program.
The new program, called “Bike Rx”, will “prescribe” people the Houston BCycle memberships. There is a ribbon cutting for the new program at the Legacy Community Health, Fifth Ward Clinic (3811 Lyons Avenue) on Thursday from noon to 1 p.m.
Legacy Community Health is a full-service network of community health clinics offering primary and specialty care in the Texas Gulf Coast region. with more than 40 locations across Houston, Baytown, Deer Park, and Beaumont, Legacy is the largest Federally Qualified Health Center in the state. The clinics respond to a variety of care needs including adult primary care, dental care, nutrition and wellness, OB/GYN and maternity care, pediatrics, pharmacy, and comprehensive HIV/AIDS care. You can learn more about Legacy Community Health here.
Houston BCycle is a non-profit bike share organization that’s goal is to get people where they need to go on a bike. The group aims for a Houston where everyone has access to a bike for fun, exercise, or a commute to work or school. For as little as 22 cents a day, anyone can check out a bike at any of our 140 stations, ride to any other station or return to the start. BCycles are available 24/7/365 in connected neighborhood networks including parks, college campuses, grocery stores, and restaurants.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Stores kick off Black Friday but pandemic woes lingerRetailers are expected to usher in the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season Friday with bigger crowds than last year in a closer step toward normalcy.
- Parking lot safety tips for Black Friday shoppersCW39’s Sydney Simone is outside Best Buy to talk about Black Friday parking tips.
- 5 best Black Friday deals under $100BestReviews is reader-supported and may earn an affiliate commission. Details. Black Friday has arrived, and shoppers are competing for the best deals of the day — including many popular gifts now priced below $100. This year, retailers are responding to the demand for budget-priced household, self-care and beauty gifts by slashing prices on best-selling products from […]
- How to make sure your package is shipped and under the tree by ChristmasUPS recommends you get your holiday shopping and shipping done promptly to avoid any delays. UPS says 95 percent of their packages are delivered on time.
- FDA says Merck COVID pill effective, experts will review safetyU.S. health officials say Merck’s experimental COVID-19 pill is effective but they raised questions about its safety during pregnancy.