HOUSTON (CW39) Mayor Sylvester Turner invites Houstonians to register for an important virtual town hall focusing on mental health, healing, and wellness as our community confronts the global coronavirus pandemic. The holidays combined with COVID-19 will be a challenging time for many individuals and families. That is why the Mayor’s Health Equity Response (H.E.R.)
WHAT AND WHEN: Task Force is hosting a Virtual Town Hall called, Surviving the Pandemic During the Holidays. Thursday,Nov. 12
TIME: From 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
During the virtual town hall, panelists and participants will provide advice on coping with the demands of parenting, finances,and physical, and emotional stress during the holiday season. Register at https://bit.ly/HERtownhallHolidays
The H.E.R. Task Force, specifically the Medical Care Subcommittee and the Faith & Community Leaders Subcommittee, will guide the discussion. Mayor Turner will make an appearance during the town hall.
- Federal judge rules US can’t expel families via Title 42
- US lawmakers concerned about negative impact Instagram has on teens’ mental health
- ‘We will be ready’: Capitol Police prepare for Saturday rally
- Seabrook, Kemah road closures coming on SH-146 and FM 518
- Coast Guard still supporting Hurricane Ida Recovery