Stafford, Texas (CW39) – Nuksy’s Fine Catering and volunteers from Lilly Missionary Baptist Church have teamed up to make and deliver 800 hot lunches to people recovering from Hurricane Laura.
The volunteers started preparing the meals early Monday morning and plan to start serving the meals at noon at the Southwest Louisiana Center for Health Service in Lake Charles.
We recovered from Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Ike here in Houston. We know how it feels personally. This is a passion of love for us to come out and feed the community & encourage them.Yolanda “Chef Yo” Henry, Nuksy’s Fine Catering
CW39’s Courtney Carpenter caught up with the team before they headed to Lake Charles.
- Government shutdown looms amid federal budget feud
- Lawmakers call out Biden administration for extending Canadian border restriction
- House passes expansive abortion rights bill
- Weekend getaway must haves
- GIVING BACK: More Help coming for Louisiana from Ft. Bend County Judge and Assistance Ministries W. Houston