HOUSTON — Houston firefighters responded to a burning home Sunday night near the Galena Park area.
Firefighters were dispatched to a single-story home near the intersection of Gans and Clinton Parks streets around 11:30 p.m.
Investigators said crews found flames shooting out a back room of the home when they arrived. Firefighters were able to make a fast attack and knock out the flames quickly.
The residents, a woman an her adult son, were able to make it out safely. However, the home reportedly sustained damaged to a bedroom.
It’s possible the fire was caused by a space heater in the man’s bedroom.
An investigation in still ongoing.