HOUSTON (CW39) Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo will be addressing media and the public Monday to discuss HPD’s annual “March on Crime” initiative. Houston has seen a spike in crime, especially in homicides since 2020 and the Chief is expected to address what the city’s plans to end this deadly streak.
Chief Acevedo will also highlight specific efforts the Houston Police Department will employ to help “Keep Houston Safe.”
The news conference takes place Monday, February 22 at 10 a.m. at HPD headquarters in Downtown.
- Job numbers up in US, Biden says more needs to be done to help Americans
- Senate Republicans’ vote-a-rama slows Biden COVID relief bill
- Minimum wage shot down from American Rescue Plan as ‘vote-a-rama’ is in full swing
- Senate prepares for COVID-19 relief bill voting marathon Friday
- Gov. Abbott holds news conference on bill to prohibit ‘social media censorship’