With the focus shifting the George Floyd’s hometown of Houston, we are closely following local activity.
June 3, 2020 – New video emerges of George Floyd speaking about violence in Houston.
- All four former officers involved in George Floyd’s killing now face charges, Sen. Klobuchar says
- Texas lawmakers react to violent protests, plan policing legislation
- Houston Artists Marching For Floyd
Former President Barack Obama has been very active about the death of George Floyd.
Former Vice President is expected to be in Houston for services for George Floyd.
June 2, 2020 – It’s only 8 days after the death of George Floyd and now the city’s Atty General in Minneapolis is efforting a civil rights investigation in the three other Minneapolis officers involved in the death of George Floyd.
160 cities across the country and numerous countries worldwide were active in the movement as one side of the line demands peace. The other demanding justice.
Here in Houston, a passionate movement for change and justice for #GeorgeFloyd was taken again to the streets as a crowd of 60,000 gathered in downtown Houston WITHOUT incident. Were you there on #BlackTuesday2020? ACLU of Texas was there. #BlackLivesMatter protests in #Houston trended globally.
June 1, 2020 –
Official George Floyd Memorial Fund has already raised much more money beyond its goal to cover funeral expenses for George Floyd. Today, the Mayor of Houston is responding to protests and coronvirus in Houston.
There’s a lot of pain and emotions are running high wanting justice for George Floyd. We are ramping up for a large crowd. Trae Tha Truth and Bun B are leading organizers for tomorrow’s march. Houston is George’s home and we want to honor him.Houston’s Mayor Turner
He said the family is not in support of violence and destruction as an act of honor for George Floyd. “They do not support anything that tears down cities or engage in divisive behavior where people live,” the Mayor added.
The family of George Floyd will be downtown Tuesday.
- Obama condemns violent protests, suggests channeling ‘our justifiable anger’
- WATCH: ‘Agitator’ apprehended by protesters, handed over to police
- Photos: Protests continue to rock America
- Trump slams governors as ‘weak,’ urges crackdown on protests
- ‘It’s the right thing to do’: People out cleaning up streets after weekend protests
- ‘Change never comes through violence’: MLK’s daughter asks protesters to fight for justice peacefully