Texas is giving drivers the green light to pay tolls using new technology that eliminates the need for a transponder.
Drivers can now use their mobile devices on toll roads and bridges in the state, as more people take to the roads versus air due to coronavirus during this busy summer travel season.
The technology is a user-friendly app known as Uproad. Drivers download and easily sign up on the app, then use their mobile devices to pay as they go on most toll roads and bridges, including the Hardy Toll Road, the Westpark Tollway, and the Northwest Freeway.
The Uproad app allows drivers to manage their account all in one place, without the headaches associated with toll prices, mischarges or mailed toll bills. And, the app’s Trip Calculator makes it convenient to budget for trips.
- American Rescue Plan hits the House floor as lawmakers split along party lines
- Pres. Biden visits Texas, meets with leaders to learn aftermath of the deadly winter storms
- ‘In it for the long haul,’ Biden says in response to Texas visit to learn about storm recovery
- Immigration correspondent discuss latest update on migrants crossing from refugee camps
- 8,600 asylum-seekers now registered to return to US from Mexico