Texas is giving drivers the green light to pay tolls using new technology that eliminates the need for a transponder.
Drivers can now use their mobile devices on toll roads and bridges in the state, as more people take to the roads versus air due to coronavirus during this busy summer travel season.
The technology is a user-friendly app known as Uproad. Drivers download and easily sign up on the app, then use their mobile devices to pay as they go on most toll roads and bridges, including the Hardy Toll Road, the Westpark Tollway, and the Northwest Freeway.
The Uproad app allows drivers to manage their account all in one place, without the headaches associated with toll prices, mischarges or mailed toll bills. And, the app’s Trip Calculator makes it convenient to budget for trips.
- ‘We all want to get something done’: COVID-19 relief package remains at a standstill
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- WATCH SOON | SALLY: Road to Recovery: WKRG plans 3 hour LIVE special from Orange Beach Friday
- CenterPoint Energy sending crews to help with Hurricane Sally Cleanup
- Kid from ‘Kid & Play’ in Houston