HOUSTON – Hurricane Harvey’s possible impact on the Gulf Coast resulted in the temporary
closure of some postal facilities in the Houston District until further notice. On Friday, U.S. Postal
Service Houston District Manager David Camp announced that retail and delivery operations,
along with drop shipments and mail acceptance, have all been suspended at the following
- PALACIOS TX 77465, 700 HENDERSON ST, PALACIOS, TX 77465-9998
- COLLEGEPORT TX 77428, 15235 FM 1095, COLLEGEPORT TX 77428-0015
- BAY CITY TX 77414, 1309 BAYWOOD DR, BAY CITY TX 77414-9998
- MATAGORDA TX 77457, 750 MARKET ST, MATAGORDA TX 77457-0062
- MARKHAM TX 77456, 610 BROADWAY ST, MARKHAM TX 77456-9800
- WADSWORTH TX 77483, 13622 HIGHWAY 60 S, WADSWORTH TX 77483-9800
- VAN VLECK TX 77482, 8901 STATE HIGHWAY 35 N, VAN VLECK TX 77482-9899
- BLESSING TX 77419, 800 FM 616 W, BLESSING TX 77419-0015
- MIDFIELD TX 77458, 275 JUNETTA AVE, MIDFIELD TX 77458-9801
- ELMATON TX 77440, 10430 HIGHWAY 35, ELMATON TX 77440-0077
If necessary, more information will be forthcoming regarding alternate locations where customers can retrieve mail and make postal purchases. The Postal Service will continue to work as quickly as possible to reopen those affected Post Offices.
Customers can call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) to obtain information, including available, alternate Post Office retail locations, or check the Postal Service website: www.usps.com The Post Office is always open at www.usps.com The Postal Service’s smartphone app makes it even quicker to use the most popular functions on usps.com, anytime and anywhere.