AUSTIN, Texas (AP) Texas health officials Wednesday reported more than 3,400 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, along with 135 new COVID-19 deaths.
Hospitalizations from COVID-19 also continued to fall in data state health officials released Wednesday. Last month, Abbott signaled that more restrictions could be lifted as he faces pressure from bar and restaurant owners and some GOP activists. Texas bars have been closed since June when a surge in cases, hospitalizations and deaths occurred.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott will hold a news conference today at 12pm Central. CW39 will carry it live on-air and online.
Are you ready to re-open Texas?
We’re asking for your reaction on the CW39 Facebook page!
- Final stretch: Presidential campaigns hit the trail hard in southern states with one week left until Election Day
- Judge Barrett joins Supreme Court as new justice, Democrats worried for future of the country
- Election Day lead-up sees record early voting in many states
- Armed “scaredy-crook” strikes back in Humble
- An Asteroid will zip past Earth the day before Election Day