On September 7, TxDOT found an area on the bridge over Cowards Creek in need of emergency repairs. Drivers should expect delays between Whispering Pines and Winding Way as one lane in both directions will be shut down as crews work on the bridge.
TxDOT announced the repairs could take six to nine months to complete the necessary maintenance. Bay Area Blvd. is one option as an alternate, as well as taking either I-45 Gulf or HWY 35. Commuters should seek other alternate routes as well. The city of Friendswood will update drivers on this project.
Make sure to tune into NO WAIT WEATHER + TRAFFIC each weekday for more construction updates from 6-9:30 AM.
- Government shutdown looms amid federal budget feud
- Lawmakers call out Biden administration for extending Canadian border restriction
- House passes expansive abortion rights bill
- Weekend getaway must haves
- GIVING BACK: More Help coming for Louisiana from Ft. Bend County Judge and Assistance Ministries W. Houston