BREAKING – Mayor Turner provides COVID-19 update. Watch LIVE with us and share your thoughts!
- 1,317 cases over the weekend (Sunday and Monday)
- We are adding a little over 700 a day
- Houston has had 224 deaths locally since the beginning initial spread
- We are going from 11 to 13% – the wrong direction
- Testing site Delmar stadium reached capacity before noon today.
- As a result of the increase in number of testing, The City is increasing testing from 500 to 650 per day, per site (Delmar and Butler Stadiums).
- Mayor announces first three entries for “Wall of Shame”
- Pour Behaviour
- Prospect Park
- Spire nite club
Chief Pena with the Houston Fire Department is reporting an strong increasing in the number of 9-1-1 calls. Call volume has gone up by 30%. Calls are now at about 1,100 calls per shift. Calls are primary in connection with respiratory difficulty. It’s also having an impact on the saturation both with response time and hospital capacity.
The Houston Fire Department also responded to about 300 complaints where establishments were referred three businesses to TABC. The posture their taking is education. Although many establishments have voluntarily complied with Governor’s order, some have not. Only in 3 instances that the businesses that didn’t or outright refused to comply.
Houston Police Department is reporting 190 personnel quarantined now. 140 officers have tested positive. VICE squads are still going to be responding to calls where establishments are not complying with the city.