MYSTERY WIRE — More than a century ago, some of the greatest scientific minds in the world believed in spiritualism, the ability to communicate with the dead. Science is no longer open minded about seances and psychic mediums, but the traditions continue to thrive in some circles.
An exhibition of striking photos, now on display at the University of Maryland, documents a 20-year research project that explores the intersection of spiritualism and photography.
- Help for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits: Congress says more needs to be doneCongress is taking another step toward helping veterans exposed to toxic burn pits.
- Biden gets booster, urges unvaxxed to get dosed“I am over 65,” President Joe Biden said, laughing, as he publicly received his COVID-19 booster shot Monday morning.
- R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial after decades of sexual misconduct allegationsNEW YORK — A jury found R. Kelly guilty on all counts in his sex trafficking trial Monday after decades of allegations about sexual misconduct with minors. A jury of seven men and five women convicted Kelly of racketeering and other charges on their second day of deliberations. The charges were based on an argument […]
- Post Oak and Forbes-Five Star Hotel hosts job fair TuesdayHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) ) – The Post Oak Hotel and Forbes Five-Star Hotel are partnering to host a hiring fair on Tuesday, September 28th. The job fair will be open from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. There will be a variety of employment opportunities. Some of the positions include: Director of Restaurants Food and Beverage Engineering Managers Engineers […]
- Houston Rockets Deliver Relief Items to Hurricane Ida VictimsHOUSTON (KIAH) The Houston Rockets teamed up with Kroger and Tilman J. Fertitta`s Golden Nugget Lake Charles Hotel & Casino teamed-up to deliver relief supplies to Houma, Louisiana in the wake of Hurricane Ida. Houma is one of the Bayou towns hardest hit by Ida in late August. The Rockets left Houston picked up more […]