Anthony Rapp ‘gratified’ by response to his allegations against Kevin Spacey

Nation/World

NEW YORK, NY – OCTOBER 07: Anthony Rapp attends the Star Trek: Discovery panel during 2017 New York Comic Con – Day 3 at Theater at Madison Square Gardenon October 7, 2017 in New York City. (Photo by Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(CNN) — The actor at the center of the Kevin Spacey scandal is addressing the fallout.

On Monday, Anthony Rapp tweeted about the news that Spacey’s show “House of Cards” would be resuming production. Work on the show had been halted following allegations of sexual misconduct against Spacey.

“I’m very gratified to learn that the many folks who’ve been in limbo this past month will in fact have the chance to complete their work that had been interrupted,” Rapp tweeted. “I wish them all the very best on @HouseofCards Season 6.”

A source familiar with the decision told CNN Monday that Netflix had decided to restart production without Spacey.

Related: ‘House of Cards’ production to resume without Kevin Spacey

Rapp, who appears on CBS’s “Star Trek: Discovery,” alleged in a Buzzfeed story published in late October that Spacey made a sexual advance toward him at a party in 1986. Rapp was 14 years old at the time.

Spacey issued a statement claiming he did not recall the alleged incident with Rapp, but he apologized for what he said would have been “deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.”

More allegations by others followed.

Netflix ended its relationship with Spacey after several members of the “House of Cards” production staff came forward in a CNN report with more allegations of sexual harassment and one allegation of sexual assault.

Related: Netflix cuts ties with Kevin Spacey

Rapp talked to “Entertainment Tonight” Monday about the response he’s gotten since coming forward, saying he’s been “very surprised” by it all.

“I’ve been very gratified by the response I’ve gotten from so many people.” Rapp said. “I think all of this is an important step to dismantle the machinery that allowed this sort of thing to continue.”

Trademark and Copyright 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

TOP VIDEO

Mayor Turner Discouraging Parties and Other Gatherings

10th Annual Mayor’s Back to School Fest

College players attend COVID party

Help "Stuff the Bus" For Children In Need

LIVE: Houston Symphony Saturdays at 8pm

HFD Captain Battling COVID-19

LOCAL COVID-19 PUBLIC THREAT LEVEL

TEXAS COVID-19 CASES

Air Quality Alert


Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

Don't Miss

Latest

More Morning Dose

Popular