HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and State Farm are teaming for the fifth consecutive year to promote Fire Prevention Week. The latest report from the National Fire Protection Association “Smoke Alarms in the U.S.” reveals nearly three out of five U.S. home fire deaths occur in homes with no smoke alarms or smoke alarms that failed to operate.
State Farm is delivering about 3,500 Fire Prevention Week toolkits and other fire safety resources to local fire departments in 48 states. These toolkits will be distributed at local schools to promote fire safety awareness.These kits include pamphlets with information ON creating a fire safety plan and keeping smoke alarms working and up to date
Missing or non-functional power sources, including missing or disconnected batteries, dead batteries, and disconnected hardwired alarms, or other AC power issues, are the most common factors when smoke alarms fail to operate.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.