According to new reports, Guitar Center missed a $45 million interest payment earlier this month and could file for bankruptcy in November. The company is about $1.3 billion in debt despite sales of more than $2.3 billion in the last fiscal year.
They’re not the only business facing economic troubles. Here’s a list of closures and bankruptcies with a history of locations in Houston:
The bankruptcy filing comes as the number of laid-off Americans seeking unemployment benefits increased last week for the first time since the pandemic hit in March, an indication of the deepening economic pain the virus is having on the economy.
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Dish Network Removes Nexstar Local TV Stations In 115 Markets
- Opioid crisis has worsened during the pandemic, lawmakers fear
- House Committee presses Secretary Mnuchin and Federal Reserve Chair Powell on COVID-19 relief
- Democrats push Congress to act on COVID relief bill