Pit bull saves family from house fire

Nation/World
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PHILADELPHIA (KYW-TV) — An Ocean County family is thanking their pit bull for helping them get out of their burning house.

Jeremy Brown, his girlfriend, and both his parents were sound asleep early Monday morning, when their house caught fire.

Zeus woke the family up and got them to safety.

“If I didn’t open my door, you can see the black smoke that rushed right into my fire alarm. It even melted it,” Brown told KYW-TV. “It would have not gone off. The door is pretty sealed. So thankful to have him wake me up when he did because it really would have been worse.”

The Beachwood Volunteer Fire Department says because of the dog’s quick action, they realized what was happening immediately.

The fire was confined to one room.

Trademark and Copyright 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

TOP VIDEO

Heat Advisory

Heat Advisory

Health Minute - Digital Eye Strain

Memorial Park Bridge Project

Twitter Lets You Limit Replies

Over 900 Kids Quarantined

LOCAL COVID-19 PUBLIC THREAT LEVEL

TEXAS COVID-19 CASES

Heat Advisory for Houston


Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

Don't Miss

Latest

More Morning Dose

Popular