8/5/2020 – BEIRUT – Residents of Beirut confronted a scene of utter devastation Wednesday, a day after a massive explosion at the port rippled across the Lebanese capital, killing at least 100 people, wounding thousands and leaving entire city blocks blanketed with glass and rubble.
8/4/2020 – BEIRUT – Tuesday morning around 10:30am local time, a massive explosion shook Lebanon’s capital Beirut on Tuesday wounding a number people and causing widespread damage.
The afternoon blast shook several parts of the capital and thick smoke billowed from the city center. Residents reported windows being blown out and a false ceilings dropping.
The explosion appeared to be centered around Beirut’s port and caused wide scale destruction and shattered windows miles away.
An Associated Press photographer near Beirut’s port witnessed people wounded on the ground and widespread destruction in central Beirut.
Some local TV stations reported the blast was at Beirut’s port inside an area where firecrackers were stored.
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- Texas Online Overtime | Season 2 – Week 4
- Texas, national politicians react to death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg at 87
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)