HOUSTON (AP) — Investigators say the private jet that crashed through an airport fence and burst into flames at a Texas airport had not been flown since December.
The National Transportation Safety Board said Thursday that it is looking into maintenance work done on the plane.
The NTSB also says that tire marks on the runway indicate that pilots were braking hard and tried to abort the takeoff when the accident happened Tuesday morning.
All 21 people on board escaped the fiery jet and only two of them suffered minor injuries. The jet was owned by a Houston-area investment firm.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]