HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – Yes, we’re back talking about the I-69/Loop 610 interchange project again, but you also need to be aware of a separate closure going on around Houston.
Starting Friday night at 9 p.m., all main lanes of the Beltway — between Imperial Valley Dr. to the Hardy Toll Rd. eastbound — will be closed. This will effect drivers trying to get in closer to Bush Intercontinental Airport to catch a flight. A couple of alternates include the frontage road as well as Aldine-Bender. Lanes will reopen on Monday at 5 a.m.
Over to the 69/610 interchange now: instead of talking about the Southwest Freeway, the focus turns to the northbound lanes of 610 West northbound. All lanes will be closed at I-69 during 7 a.m.-7 p.m. this Saturday. Included in this closure is the Westheimer exit ramp. Either Newcastle Street or the frontage road are the alternate routes drivers should take.
For more construction news, tune into No Wait Weather + Traffic each weekday morning from 5:30-9:30 a.m.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Texans release veteran defensive lineman Whitney MercilusThe Houston Texans released long-time defensive star Whitney Mercilus as the team’s youth movement continues.
- No one fatally injured in small plane crash in Waller County at Houston Executive AirportRemnants of the MD-80 plane burned completely, with only the tail of the plane still mostly recognizable.
- Texas Republicans approve redistricting maps, but Houston Democrats could hold on to their seatsChanges coming for some Texans after Republicans approve redistricting map.
- Crime Tip Tuesday: Schools on high alert after TikTok challengesHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – Schools are on high alert after the latest TikTok challenges. These challenges encourage students to steal or vandalize school property, or even most recently to slap a teacher. Houston Happens host Maggie Flecknoe spoke with the CEO of Crime Stoppers of Houston Rania Mankarious about the dangers and consequences of these […]
- Newsfeed Now: Gabby Petito’s family wants ‘vengeance’ for her death; Angler catches rare catfish, releases it back into riverWeekdays at 10:30 a.m. CST/11:30 a.m. EST, Newsfeed Now will be streaming the top stories in the U.S. utilizing our newsrooms across the country. If you miss the live report, you’ll be able to see a replay minutes after the stream ends.