Danny Perez with the Texas Department of Transportation breaks down what children need to know as they head into class for the 2022-2023 school year.
Tips for Children Walking or Biking to School
• Always use sidewalks. If there’s not a sidewalk, walk on the left side of the street facing traffic.
• Cross the street at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, right and left again before proceeding.
• Always obey crossing guards.
• Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
• Look for traffic when stepping off a bus or from behind parked vehicles.
• Always wear a helmet when riding a bicycle.
• Don’t be distracted by electronic devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
• Follow all traffic rules, signs and signals.
For more road rules click here. Remember to tune into No Wait Weather + Traffic each Thursday morning for more.