DETROIT, Mich. (WLNS) – Border Patrol agents rescued two kayakers who were reported missing Monday evening.
The Grosse Ile Police Department received a 911 call from the father of one of the kayakers reporting them missing near Stony Island in the Detroit River.
The Gibraltar Border Patrol Station’s Marine Unit began a systematic search of the area and was able to find them in 45 minutes.
One of the kayaks had overturned and the person was in the water when they were found.
Both appeared to be in good health and declined medical attention when they were pulled from the water and taken to shore.
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential campaigns’ final week
- Texas avoids severe weather threats as thousands are forced to flee Colorado`s second-largest wildfire
- So Really, Do You Believe in Ghosts?
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Texas teachers, state lawmaker calling for STAAR testing to be canceled again this year