AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Texas Department of Public Safety issued an Amber Alert for a 3-year-old Austin girl who is believed to be “in grave or immediate danger” Thursday.
Texas DPS is looking for Mckenzie Byrne, who is described as a white girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She’s 3 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs 30 pounds and was last seen wearing a gray shirt with pink and purple pants.
Authorities are also looking for her father, Brian Byrne, who is suspected of taking her. Brian Byrne is described as a 37-year-old white man that’s 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 220 pounds. He’s bald with brown eyes and was last seen wearing a red shirt with black athletic pants. He’s driving a silver 2012 Toyota Tundra pickup with Texas plates BP70978.
The two were last seen at 12:30 a.m. Thursday in the 8800 block of Research Blvd. in north Austin near Payton Gin Road.
If anyone sees them or knows where they could be, call the Austin Police Department at 512-974-5000.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]