The lists of school districts being sued over mask mandates is growing. Attorney general Ken Paxton announcing that a Lamar County district court issued a temporary restraining order against Paris ISD, regarding its mask mandate.
The court agreed with Paxton that the district lacks “Authority to issue or enforce a facemask mandate in light of governor Abbott’s executive order GA-38” and prohibits the district from enforcing its mandate, as long as GA-38 remains in effect.
This is the second win for the state after a temporary injunction against Fort Worth ISD’s mask mandate was reinstated. This also comes just days after Paxton sued 6 other school districts, two of them being Galveston ISD and Spring ISD, for their mask mandates.
Residents fear being kicked out as Amazon plans to build BIG. Watch to find out where!
- GOP to Dems: You’ll have to raise the debt limit aloneEveryone in Washington agrees that raising the debt limit is necessary to prevent dire consequences to the US economy. Still, Congress is unable to come to an agreement to ensure the government can pay its debt.
- Republican senators won’t budge on debt limit increase as Democrats push big spending billDemocrats are moving to pass the increase along with a bill to fund the government. But Republicans say Democrats need to do it all—on their own.
- House Democrats push abortion rights billHouse Democrats are teeing up a vote on a sweeping abortion bill. The push comes as Democrats try to combat a wave of state laws looking to restrict abortion access as early as six weeks.
- US lawmakers and experts worry about kids and COVID-19United States lawmakers say not enough is being done to protect children during the pandemic.
- Houstonians can track wastewater virus levels through Houston Health Department’s new dashboard systemHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – On Wednesday, the Houston Health Department and Rice University launched a public online dashboard to track levels of SARS-CoV-2, coronavirus, in Houston’s wastewater. The dashboard shows the levels of the virus in samples collected from the city’s 39 wastewater treatment plants and in many HISD schools. The data helps to identify trends in the […]