That is six cents more than last week and $1.07 more per gallon than compared to this day last year.
Of the major metro areas in the state, El Paso drivers pat the most on average at $3.15. Drivers in Lubbock are paying the least at $2.85 per gallon. Right now, the national average for a gallon of regular unleaded is $3.30 that’s $1.12 more than the price per gallon at this same time last year.
Houston gas prices are at $2.87 per gallon, a slight increase of $0.05 from last week.
The statewide gas price average is at its highest price point in seven years. On October 19, 2014, the average for regular unleaded was also $2.93 per gallon. AAA reminds people reminds people that while Texas gas prices are much higher than last year fewer people were traveling and driving in 2020.
“Texans are paying the most for retail gasoline since 2014,” said AAA Texas spokesperson Daniel Armbruster. “With more people traveling and returning to the office, demand for fuel is on the rise. Factor in surging crude oil prices due to OPEC+ forgoing further production increases and were seeing a trend that were not used to seeing in October.”
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]