HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – Two fun events with road closures for residents in Galveston to be aware of are coming up this weekend: ARToberfest and the Toughest 10K Causeway Run.
ARToberFEST returns on October 16th and 17th for its 24th year in historic downtown Galveston. The juried fine art festival is hosted by The Grand 1894 Opera House and features a wide variety of art, including ceramics, glass, jewelry, metal, painting, drawing, photography, textiles, wood, and mixed media.
ARToberFEST will take place on Postoffice St between 20th and 23rd streets and 22nd Street between Market and Church. The festival will occur Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are $5. Streets in the festival area will close for set-up beginning Friday at noon through the end of the festival on Sunday.
The Toughest 10K returns to Galveston on Saturday, October 16th, 2021, beginning at 7:30 a.m. A portion of 89th Street between the feeder road and Teichman Road will temporarily be closed beginning at 6:45 a.m. and will reopen immediately following the race.
The rail trolleys will not operate service this weekend because of the road closure along the rail route on Postoffice Street. Rail trolley service will resume on October 22.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- PHOTOS | Severe weather damage from north Harris County tornado Wednesday morningHOUSTON (KIAH) – Severe weather rolled through the local area Wednesday morning. CW39 was on scene where damage from wild winds moved through parts of north Harris County. SEVERE WEATHER COVERAGE | CW39 NO WAIT WEATHER + TRAFFIC Here are a few pictures of damage caused by a tornado that came through Airway Drive, Montgomery Road, and […]
- Astros giving back to Houston Area Women’s Center during Fall ClassicAstros to give a $25,000 grant that will go to Houston Area Women’s Center enrichment project.
- ‘Rust’ movie-set shooting: Authorities present findingsThe sequence of events has baffled Hollywood professionals and prompted calls to better regulate firearms of sets or even ban them in the age of seamless computer-generated imagery.
- Another shot? CDC says some people may need 4th COVID vaccine doseAs some people receive a third COVID vaccine dose, or booster shot, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now talking about a fourth dose.
- Newsfeed Now: FDA panel backs Pfizer’s low-dose COVID-19 vaccine for kids; Man shaves beard for toddler’s cancer treatmentWeekdays at 10:30 a.m. CST/11:30 a.m. EST, Newsfeed Now will be streaming the top stories in the U.S. utilizing our newsrooms across the country. If you miss the live report, you’ll be able to see a replay minutes after the stream ends.