HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) We have your first look at Port Isabel, Texas where Tropical Storm Nicholas is already impacting the area near South Padre Island. Nexstar Media Group, Inc. reporter Xochilt Lagunas has this report where winds are picking up. Here’s a look!
- PHOTOS: Atascocita Fire Department involved in overturned ambulance crashATASCOSITA, Texas (KIAH) Emergency units are on scene of a crash involving an overturned ambulance in Atascocita, along FM 1960. Here are photos from the scene.
- HAPPENING NOW: Child Passenger Safety WeekHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – It’s Child Passenger Safety Week and the Texas Department of Public Safety is reminding drivers to make sure their children are properly secured in a car seat. DPS says motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death among children. They say this is why car seats are crucial to reducing […]
- Rice University joins forces with Consulate General of Mexico for a culture exchangeHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) The Consulate General of Mexico in Houston and Rice University have signed an agreement establishing the “Cátedra México”. The President of Rice University, Dr. David W. Leebron along with the Consul General of Mexico in Houston, Alicia Kerber Palma, signed the Agreement by which the “Cátedra México” (Mexico Lecture) will be established at that […]
- Houston & Harris County still offering millions of dollars in rent reliefHOUSTON (KIAH) The Houston-Harris County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) has surpassed another significant milestone by providing almost $200 million in rental relief since late February, helping 51,000 families who are struggling financially because of continued pandemic-related job cuts and wage decreases. On average, up to $6 million in aid is going out the door […]
- Galveston County Health District releases latest Covid-19 CasesHOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) Galveston County Health District reports 154 additional positive COVID-19 cases and 291 additional recoveries. This week’s report includes 153 current cases and one older case newly reported to the health district. Sadly, one additional death has been reported as well. A male, age range 51-60, passed away Sept. 15. He had pre-existing medical conditions […]