HOUSTON (CW39) Join Katy and West Houston residents this Saturday to help join in the fight to end Alzheimer’s.
The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s® is raising funds to support the care and research programs of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Walk will take place on sidewalks, tracks and trails across Katy/West Houston as participants walk as individuals, families or small teams.
On Walk day, an Opening Ceremony will feature local speakers and a presentation of Promise Flowers to honor the personal reasons participants join together to fight Alzheimer’s and all other dementia, all delivered to participants’ smartphones, tablets and computers. A Promise Garden to honor all those impacted by Alzheimer’s will be created in a “view only” format on Walk day at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church, 20775 Kingsland Blvd, Katy, TX 77450.
Saturday, September 26, 2020
8:30 a.m. Opening ceremony – act.alz.org/katy
9:00 a.m. Walk begins
All across Katy/West Houston on sidewalks, tracks and trails.
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Houston Downtown District announces fall and winter schedule
- Job recruitment event coming to the Houston area
- Boeing makes deeper job cuts as aircraft business slows