Banana bread has got to be moist. This recipe nails that without any extra fat. Bam!
Banana Bread - Feel Treated
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar**
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup extra light olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe medium bananas, mashed (about 1 ¼ cups)
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- **Sugar can be reduced to ¾ cup
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, and stir gently.
In a separate large bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the mashed bananas and yogurt, and then stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
Bake for 55-60 minutes to one hour.